Fighting Obesity

A few days ago I did a Nutrition Presentation for the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc., Alumni Chapter for a Health and Wellness event they were putting on.


I brought Lean Lemon Turkey, a popular lunch item from My Fit Foods, to serve the ladies after I did my presentation. 


My PowerPoint was on Fighting Obesity. Living in Houston, Texas their 'larger than life' attitude translates into food and waistlines as well. Houston is known to be one of the most obese cities in the USA and when people are eating nearly half their calorie intake in one meal it's evident that the lack of education is the reason obesity is running wild in this country. 

Showing the women the difference between 250 lbs of muscle vs fat.

During my presentation I told the women the different reasons they may be gaining/keeping weight. It could be from medical reasons, sleep deprivation or prescription medications. I gave them tips on what they should and shouldn't be eating and exercise tips. The response was great! I got so many questions about my presentation and about things going on in the media about weight loss that they were unsure about. I've gotten a few requests for me to send them the presentation so they could show their friends and family members what I showed them.

I really enjoyed myself by informing these ladies on ways to help improve themselves with the way they eat and the lifestyles they live. I look forward to giving more informational presentations like this instead of just sampling out food like I usually do. I felt like I connected more with the people I spoke with and they were able to take home more than a menu and a free meal coupon.

For information of healthy eating and fitness feel free to ask!

Jourdan

I'm a right-brained Lousiana born Cali girl. I'm a former dancer, basktball player and theater kid turned media swiss army knife and gym rat. I love Jamba Juice, photography and the beach. I live in sunny Florida with my amazing husband Solomon.

No comments:

Post a Comment